If you don’t know what PBIS is or want to implement PBIS, then this is the place to start! To learn about what PBIS is, jump over to the FAQ page. If you already know you want to implement PBIS, then keep reading. This page is not intended to be a comprehensive guide and how to on implementing PBIS, rather, just a starting point and jumping board to get you started and pointed in the right direction. Putting PBIS into place is an extensive process that requires a lot of advanced planning. Do not go into implementing PBIS in your school or district lightly. Without a firm commitment from the vast majority of staff, PBIS will not be very successful. Your ISD and state board of education will have help, resources, supports, and contacts to aid you with implementing PBIS. You should also consider partnering with a nearby school or district already implementing PBIS successfully. Your ISD or state board of ed can assist you with finding a school to partner with.
Below are resources & supports to help you get started with implementing PBIS:
- National Technical Assistance Center on PBIS (U.S. Depart of Ed, Office of Spec Ed Programs) 1
- PBIS in Your State (PBIS Network) 2
- Illinois PBIS Network Getting Started Guide 3
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Tutorial 4
- Wisconsin PBIS Network Getting Started Guide 5
- Getting Started in Missouri Schoolwide PBS 6
- Getting Started with PBIS in Indiana 7
- Nebraska PBIS Getting Started Guide 8
- National Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs, pbis.org. [http://www.pbis.org/].
- National Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs, pbis.org. PBIS in Your State (PBIS Network). [http://www.pbis.org/links/pbis_network/default.aspx].
- Illinois PBIS Network. Getting Started. [http://www.pbisillinois.org/getting-started].
- PBIS Maryland. Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Tutorial. [http://cte.jhu.edu/courses/pbis/].
- Wisconsin PBIS Network. Getting Started. [http://www.wisconsinpbisnetwork.org/getting-started.html].
- Missouri Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support (MO SW-PBS). Getting Started in Missouri Schoolwide PBS. [http://pbismissouri.org/administrators/getting-started].
- The PBIS Indiana Resource Center. Getting Started with PBIS in Indiana. [http://www.indiana.edu/~pbisin/about/GettingStarted.htm].
- Nebraska Department of Education, Nebraska Positive Behavior Interventions and Support NPBiS. HOW TO GET STARTED. [http://www.npbis.org/Get_Started.aspx].