OCD behaviors

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Admin
Topic starter
(@pbis-world)
PBIS World Creator

I have a Kindergarten student who has been diagnosed with OCD tendencies. He constantly blurts out and has to be heard in the classroom. He frequently tattles on other students who he believes are not following the rules or doing something that he doesn't agree with. I need help coming up with a behavior intervention besides Check In Check Out that will help decrease these disruptive behaviors.

1 Reply
Admin
Topic starter
(@pbis-world)
PBIS World Creator

I would suggest HeadSpace, which is an app that can be used from the child's or parent's phone or through headspace.com. The program provides 10 free guided meditations that is extremely helpful for people living with OCD. Those with OCD seek validation in others and what others think of them. This students' "inner voice" may also be fixated on if they don't say something then some negative action could result. The guided app helps calm the mind and I would suggest adding some talk therapy to try to help the student understand why blurting out can be seen as disrespectful or as an annoyance to others. Perhaps understanding their fixated repercussions of not blurting out should be understood to see if they (what results) are valid?

Share: